- The request for review should be submitted by your dean, department chair, or chair of your P&T committee (whoever normally solicits external review letters – i.e. the “submitting authority”).
- Your local liaison on the RTA’s EPRT committee can also advise and assist with the submission process, but will not participate in the review.
- The emailed letter of request should be submitted to the Chair of the EPRT committee – copied to Rachel Halsey (firstname.lastname@example.org) and at least one member of the EPRT committee at your institution.
- As soon as the EPRT chair responds with confirmation that the committee can review your packet, the person requesting the external review letter should submit the promotion packet documents.
- BACKUP: The submitting authority should follow up if receipt of the promotion packet is not confirmed by email within 10 working days.
The emailed request for external review should include –
- the name and address of the institutional official to whom the external peer review letter should be addressed.
- the DEADLINE for receipt of the external review letter (materials must be submitted for review at least 60 days prior to this date)
- the name of a local EPRT committee member who has agreed to serve as a local liaison for the review request (this person will NOT be involved in the review)