July 17 – 20, 2023 – In-Person Conference
The Teaching Academy of the Consortium of West Region Colleges of Veterinary Medicine (RTA) invites RTA Fellows and faculty at our member colleges to attend the 2023 Biennial Conference this July 17th through 20th hosted by Oregon State University in collaboration with all seven institutions within the Consortium of West Region Colleges of Veterinary Medicine. Come celebrate our organization 10 year anniversary!!
Here are just some of the highlights:
Keynote Workshops Competency-Based Education – Assessment Matters!
- Active Learning Strategies and Small Group Teaching – Benjamin Wiggins, PhD
- Mental Health and Wellness guest speaker Mara Holowaychuk, DVM, Dipl. ACVECC
Educational Scholarship: podium presentations & poster session
- Present your educational work and/or come learn from the work of your colleagues
Teaching Innovations: Informal presentations of approaches we’ve tried and the perceived or documented outcomes
- These sessions could include tips and tricks, clinical teaching strategies and ideas, as well as other topics such as technology and meeting the challenges of virtual teaching.
Wellness – Assessing and Supporting Veterinary Educator Wellbeing
The RTA’s collaborative approaches to shared educational challenges.
Look to get involved!
- Reports from all 4 initiatives (and the membership committee)
- Workshops from the Faculty Development Initiative – Clinical Teaching
PLUS – networking and socializing with other educators.